Hire PGMC for your Event
Past PGMC Events
Upcoming PGMC Events
| The following is a list of upcoming events and performances for the Philadelphia Gay Men's Chorus.|
Please check back for updates, or like us on Facebook to get the latest updates.
2013-2014 Concert Season
Sat. March 1, 2014, 7:30 pm
West Chester University
West Chester, PA
Madeleine Wing Alder Theater
Preview of “When I Knew” concert, $15-$20.
Philadelphia Flower Show
Sun. March 2, 2014, 3:00-5:30 pm
PA Convention Center
12th & Arch Sts., Philadelphia PA
Brotherly Love, our select ensemble, performs both on the main stage and for an LGBT party, 4-6 pm.
The theme this year is “ARTiculture.”
The show runs March 1-9.
Northeast High School
Wed. March 12, 2014, 8:00 am
PGMC performs for the students. (Not open to the public.)
When I Knew concert
Fri. March 14, 2014, 8 pm
Sat. March 15, 2014, 2 pm & 8 pm
Prince Music Theater
1412 Chestnut St. Philadelphia PA
Music inspired by stories about when we knew there was something different about us.
Wed. March 19, 2014, 6:00-7:00 pm
Lutheran Church of the Holy Communion
2111 Sansom St. Philadelphia PA
E-mail auditions @ pgmc.org to schedule an audition time slot.
Portland Gay Men’s Chorus
March 21-23, 2014
PGMC joins PGMC in Portland for a joint concert!
Out With The Soul
Sat. May 10, 2014, 6 pm
Wells Fargo Center
PGMC is singing the National Anthem
Let’s Do It: The Music of Cole Porter concert
Thurs. May 15, 2014, 8 pm
Fri. May 16, 2014, 8 pm
Sat. May 17, 2014, 2 pm & 8 pm
Prince Music Theater
1412 Chestnut St. Philadelphia PA
Classic tunes from musicals and elsewhere by the legend himself.
Let’s Do It – The Music of Cole Porter concert
Sat. June 21, 2014, 6:00 pm
Rehoboth Beach Convention Center
Rehoboth Beach DE
Encore performance and joint concert with the Portland Gay Men’s Chorus!
Back to the top
|Add Friendship and Hope to Your Event with a PGMC Appearance
|Can’t wait for our next concert? Hate looking for parking? Have PGMC come to you! In addition to our three major concerts, we also do performances in the community. Whether you want to deliver a message of inclusion and acceptance for all, want to augment a formal event with some serene music, or just want to add a dash of whimsy, we’re here for you. We do a variety of events, including flash mob appearances, school/community outreach parties, community/civic events, pride festivals, holiday parties, commitment ceremony receptions, gala fundraisers and anniversary celebrations. We have music to suit almost any occasion. Have members of the entire Chorus come out, or our select ensemble, Brotherly Love, can come instead. Rates:
||1-1.5 hour concert
|* Brotherly Love
||1-1.5 hour concert
Prices are negotiable based on length of performance and non-profit status. To find out how you can book an appearance with Philadelphia’s premier men’s chorus, e-mail the director, Joe Buches: director @ pgmc.org
|Back to the top
|Note: Many videos are amateur and handheld, produced by our fans.
- December 5-7, 2013: PGMC “Cool Yule” Big Band concert. Photos.
- December 3, 2013: Tree lighting ceremony at the Shops at Liberty Place. Video.
- December 1, 2013: Brotherly Love concert for the GSA scholarship fund for Norristown Area High School.
November 30, 2013: Flash mob at the Ritz Carlton Philadelphia. Photos.
- November 16, 2013: World AIDS Day service at Centary United Methodist Church.
- October 19, 2013: Second annual PGMC Fall Ball Masquerade. Photos
- May 16-18, 2013: ExtrABBAganza concert, an all-ABBA performance.
- May 9, 2013: PGMC flash mob in front of the Marriott Downtown. Dancing Queen video
- March 21-23, 2013: Big Broadway Sing, PGMC’s first sing-along concert.
- December 6-8, 2012: PGMC concert, “Home for the Holidays”
- December 1-2, 2012: PGMC performs as guests of Anna Crusis Women’s Choir at their concert, “Simply Love: A Marriage Equality Event.” With ACWC and Phila. Voices of Pride, we performed “What Matters,” a tribute to Matthew Shepherd by Randi Driscoll.
- December 1, 2012: Flash mob at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel. Jingle Bells video. Photos.
- December 1, 2012: Holiday caroling on Walnut St. Photos. Deck the Halls.
- October 21, 2012: PGMC raises $3,050 for the 2012 Philly AIDS Walk, the leader of community groups. Photo1. Photo 2.
- October 13, 2012: First annual Fall Ball masquerade fundraiser. PGMC raises over $45,000! Photos
- October 5, 2012: Rainbow Flag raising at Phila. City Hall for LGBT Pride month.
- October 1, 2012: Dedication of Barbara Gittings Way - the renaming of Locust St. btwn 12th & 13th Sts. "Something Inside So Strong" "Seize the Day"
- September 28, 2012: PGMC's submission to the Open Air music-spotlight exhibit.
- August 28, 2012: Phillies Gay Day. Photos.
- July 7-11, 2012: PGMC performs at the quadrennial GALA Festival in Denver CO. Photos. Video and official website of "Raise Our Voice." Spontaneous "mile-high" outburst.
- June 15-16, 2012: Legacy: 30th anniversary concert. Legacy "Feel the strength" Chorus bicep promo photos. Dress rehearsal. Premiere of "Raise Our Voice".
- June 2012: Philly Pride Parade. PGMC wins "Gayest Group Award."
- May 3, 2012: Drag Cabaret benefit. Video.
- March 30-31, 2012: Concert, "Changes: In Good Time" Dress rehearsal Video clip from "Metamorphosis" with Smoke Lillies & Jade dancers.
- March 10, 2012: Music OUT Loud with Unit. Univ. Church Del. County in Media PA
- February 25, 2012: Pearl Necklace Cabaret with Brotherly Love
- February 4, 2012: Marriage Equality Cabaret: Bro Lo performs at Five Minute Follies benefit for Freedom to Marry
- December 23, 2011: Appearance at a Johnny Weir ice skating performance. Photos.
- December 13, 2011: National Association of Catering Executives. Photos.
- December 7, 2011: Brotherly Love spreads some holiday cheer on NBC’s 10 Show. Video
- December 3, 2011: Holiday Flash Mob at the Ritz-Carlton, performing Sleigh Ride.
- October 22, 2011: ActionAIDS 25th Anniversary. Philly Mag event article
- October 15, 2011: Metropolitan Community Church of Philadelphia 40th anniversary: Video
- October 8, 2011: PGMC Bachelor Auction & Pajama Party Photos by Patrick Hagerty
- October 6, 2011: Rainbow Flag Raising at City Hall for LGBT History Month. Full video. Scroll over to the link at Oct. 7, 2011, Office of LGBT.
- August 6, 2011: Return of Rat Pack Live Concert featuring Brotherly Love
- June 18, 2011: Mmm-Bop – Best of the Boy Bands Concert: Photos
- June 12, 2011: Philly Pride Parade: Photos, courtesy Patrick Hagerty; the first five are of PGMC.
- June 11, 2011: Gay Bingo: YMCA Medley
- June 6, 2011: Philadelphia Theatre Company 35th Anniversary: Flash mob performance.
- May 10, 2011: PNC Arts Alive Reception: PGMC is one of the winning grants!
- April 16, 2011: Cherish the Child Concert, which included Prayers for Bobby, with Pat Ciarrocchi of CBS 3 as the mother, Mary Griffith. Photos
- April 8, 2011: Cinnaminson High School: Diversity celebration of several south New Jersey schools.
- January 1, 2011: Mummers' Fancy Brigade: Inaugural LGBT appearance; two songs between their sets: Photos
- December 18, 2010: Holiday Flash Mob at the Ritz-Carlton. Go Go Rudy video
- December 11-12, 2010: Pa-rum-pa-pum-pum Holiday Concert: Photos
- October 30, 2010: Margaret Cho, Comedian in Atlantic City: “Your Dick” video
- October 30, 2010: A Random Act of Culture: 650 choristers at Macy’s with the 1904 Wannamaker Organ, the Opera Company of Philadelphia and others. Handel’s Messiah video
- October 6, 2010: Rainbow Flag Raising at City Hall for LGBT History month: National anthem video
- October 2010: It Gets Better Project for gay teens who may feel isolated or bullied. PGMC’s contribution
- July 13, 2010: Camden Riversharks gay community night: National anthem video